Friday 13 June 2014

Crow's Couplets


Crow’s Couplets

I followed feathers home today; they fell
Into a line, from tip to tip, that swells
With each migrating memory; across
The sea they fly away, each one my loss.

I’m picking feathers from my teeth today;
I stayed behind, they moved on, but I stayed,
And now I’m having trouble speaking out
Without then choking on a thought or doubt.

Behind me, stretch these feathers in a line;
And from my skin sprout black wings, up my spine,
And out my shoulders, feeling colder; free
And flocking thoughts come back at last to me.

Upon my tombstone sits a crow, who said;
'No name. Below the soil. Forgotten. Dead.'



Source - http://www.reddit.com/r/Heavymind/comments/27papw/release_by_me_pen_and_ink/

The drawing is called 'Release'

The artist is u/cheeseboyhalpert, and his account is here: http://www.reddit.com/user/cheeseboyhalpert

(This one is a more thought-out poem than the last one, which was lazy. I'll leave them both up, though)

No comments:

Post a Comment