Tuesday 17 June 2014

To The Fearful.

To The Fearful.


It’s a turn of phrase; a curiosity
that's burning out, smoky tendrils rising,
stinging our eyes. It’s in a fixed-up place
                                                                                                          that we first met,
                this broken mirror and I.

So, counting backwards from ten, I became
less than a shadow; I was unborn into a pre-life,
and things were wholly forgotten
                                                                                to me
                                                                                                                today.

Help us A
silent echo across the lines
across divided fields rivers trees and
shores mountains and sunsets and summer
breezes Our eases that please us
are out of our                    Pocket-Jesus
our non-believing retrieving of a compass
point facing straight back that
leaves
Us

We’re out in the road,
                                                                                sails caught in the branches of our
                                                                                                                      last trees.

It’s a turn of phrase; a curiosity
that burnt out and out and out and out and out-
standing delays in our sense of comedic timing
have left us together,

this broken mirror and I.

2 comments:

  1. A curiosity, indeed. I definitely feel as though I have to re-read it. Interesting piece! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not going to lie, I can't decide if I like it or not, but your comment is appreciated!

      Delete